There are many currencies in the World and some of them stand out above the rest. Many of the top 10 highest currencies in the World aren’t as popular as the ones that originate from countries with a stable economy and a more even distribution of wealth , not to say the countries with these currencies are poor. They just do not have a even distribution of wealth. The currencies on this list are ranked based on their strength compared to the US Dollar.
10. American Dollars (USD) – The American dollar makes the list as not only one of the highest currencies but also one of the more popular ones. America has a comparatively more even distribution of wealth and a very strong and stable economy. Alot of countries outside of America also use the USD.
9. Swiss Franc- The Swiss Francs is the national currency of two countries ( Switzerland and Lichtenstein) and $1 USD will buy you about $0.98 Swiss Francs. The Swiss are known for their banking system and natural resources and so this must be what plays a huge factor in their currency value.
8. Euro- The Euro is the currency of many countries within Europe including Belgium and Cyprus along with 17 0thers. It is the second reserved currency in the World and if you want to buy $1 USD you would have to pay around $0.90 Euros. The Euro is the second most traded currency on the foreign exchange market only being beaten by the USD.
7. Cayman Islands Dollar- The KYD is the seventh highest currency on this list and is the official currency of The Cayman Islands, a British commonwealth country located in the Caribbean. It is most widely known as being a tax haven for those who are higher up in society , as well as wealthy companies and businesses. the KYD trades with the USD at a rate of $0.83 KYD for $1 USD.
6. Gibraltar Pound- The GIP is the national currency of Gibraltar and has the same base rate as the British Pound Sterling which is exchangeable between the two countries (in Gibraltar you are free to use both BPS and GIP). it exchanges with the USD at a rate of $0.81 GIP to $1 USD.
5. British Pound- The British Pound Sterling is the official currency of the United kingdom as well as a few other British territories. The BPS is the oldest currency in the World which is still in circulation. The fifth highest currency trades with the USD at a rate of $0.75 BPS for $1 USD.
4. Jordan Dinar- While not a well know country or a well developed economy Jordan holds the tittle of having the forth highest currency in the World . In the country $1 USD is equal to $0.71 JOD.
3.Omani rial- The OMR is the national currency of Oman and is split into 1000 smaller divisions which are called baisa. The OMR quickly rose in value after the successfully being introduced due to the success of Oman’s oil exports and industry. It is pegged against the USD. The OMR goes for a rate of 0.38 for $1 USD.
2. Bahrain Dinar- The BHD is only used in Bahrain and is pegged against the USD. It goes for a rate of $0.38 BHD for $1 USD.
- Kuwaiti Dinar- The KWD is the national currency of Kuwait and holds the tittle of being the number 1 currency on the top 10 highest currencies in the World. It was introduced in 1960 and was initially equal to 1 BPS. It is a very small nation which borders Iraq and is mainly economically driven by oil exports. The is $0.30 KWD for $1 USD.
A currency is a major part of a countries financial identity and it is usually fuelled by the country’s economy. This has been the top 10 highest currencies in the World.